Big Pharma, the most powerful lobby

In a triumph for the pharmaceutical industry, the Senate on Monday killed a drive to allow consumers to buy prescription drugs from abroad at a significant savings over domestic prices.

On a 49-40 vote, the Senate required the administration to certify the safety and effectiveness of imported drugs before they can be imported, a requirement that officials have said they cannot meet.

The pharmaceutical industry vehemently opposes allowing drug imports, arguing that they could leave the nation vulnerable to dangerous counterfeits.

(Big Pharma playing Good Samaritan????)


Read more at Washington post : Senate blocks the bid to allow drug imports

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous says

    Good Samaritan, or protector of profits? I enjoy reading your blog and would like to exchange links with you. I believe my readers would benefit from many of the topics you post on and vice-versa.

    My blog: http://bigpharma-fda.blogspot.com/

    Email: bigpharmafdablog@gmail.com


    Seeji says

    Hi drug watcher,

    Thanx for dropping by my blog. Rightly pointed out 'protector of profits'

    Keep visiting, I have linked you in my blog.

    Seeji